Sunday, January 25, 2009

Fragment: NAPA VALLEY

OK. So, first things first! A little word on Napa, California:

The reason that I stopped blogging in the first place was because I travelled to CA to visit Pushy and spend the holidays. I went for 2 weeks and sadly spent the first 5 days SICK :-/ First, I got food poisoned and then, I got the flu (due to the weather change, I suppose). So the first days weren't all that HAPPY. My very good friend RATONCITO came with me to CA and I felt so guilty that I was sick; I kind of ruined the plans
:(

Anyways, between little moments of feeling better and feeling terrible, I was able to enjoy some amazing restaurants and a couple of wine tasting experiences ;) I must say that, just like I imagined, Napa Valley is my kind of place! Food and wine are the main characters of the valley's culture, and two very good friends of mine ;)

The views are heavenly! Vineyards everywhere, beautiful homes, mountains, lots of greenery, cozy little towns here and there. Wonderful restaurants and bars with very professional staff. Lots of wine to taste! It is certainly a must-be-lived experience.

Amongst the fabulous restaurants that we visited are the following:

COOK (St. Helena), SMALL WORLD (Napa), CHOW (SF), FARM (Napa), BOCADILLOS (SF), Q (Napa), VILLA CORONA (Napa), THE ORCHID CUISINE (Healdsburg), WASABI & GINGER (SF).


We also visited a couple of cute towns like Calistoga, Sonoma, Napa, St. Helena, Yountville, and Healdsburg. And of course, I was a happy camper every time we found antique shops, flea markets and/or goodwill stores! This gorgeaus vintage headpiece I found at a goodwill store in St. Helena. I'm so in love :)

Pushy's little home was adorable! It is soooo tiny but oh, so perfect! His home is on a farm/small vineyard; such a peculiar place to live :) I loved it! I spent lots of time making my button bracelets there while Pushy worked and while I recuperated from all my sickness. I got some good work done, so that was GREAT!

We visited San Francisco a couple of times, but only on my way to the airport did I get to see the GOLDEN GATE. However, it was night time, so I couldn't get any pictures :( Ratoncito DID get his photos at the Gate and took this wonderful picture!

As of me, I only got the toll receipt as an evidence that I crossed this super famous bridge! ;)

2 comments:

Alex G. said...

Yay... Finally, two Fragments in two days... Wuju!!!! Luv u sisterrrrrrrrrrr... u Rock!!!! And thanks to Eli and Sea Austin for helping me get Neny back on track with her Fragments. It's amazing how you can find places that can fit your lifestyle. I'm not sure if I can find one myself because I'm too complex, but I know that Napa Valley/SF is probably as close to Neny's personality as you can get. One (NP) is romantic, artistic, very free-spirited, with lots of imagination (and wine of course), but at the same time peaceful, calm, eloquent, and professional. On the other side (San Fran) she's got the history, the thrills (not to mention the earthquakes), very extroverted, fun, breezy (sp?), full of life, with excelent taste (for food, Music, and Fashion), and a little bit crazy (without getting to extremes). Yep, that's my sister alright!!! Funny thing is, I've never been to California, and just by knowing my sister, I can tell what those two cities are like. No worries though, I will be in California (specifically San Fran) in April of this year. It will be a Business trip, but I'll make sure I go visit Pushy in NV, and hopefully catch him in one of his days off. Anywho, I think I've said enough... Don't want to bore anybody away from reading these enchanting, mesmerizing, so-good-to-read Fragments!!! Luv u Sisterrrrrrrrrrrr... Keep 'em comin'!

Eli said...

OMG!Gracias por retomar tus fragmentos! no puedo escribir en ingles como el loko, pero si siento lo mismo que el, como te he dicho antes, uno se engancha con tus historias, experiencias de vida, etc. ha sido la mejor forma de conocerte mas....

Sabes que soy tu fan number 1!

Related Posts with Thumbnails