Friday, July 24, 2009

Fragment: NY/NJ


Another month of silence...and fragments actively happening!

I just spent the last 3 weeks at my second home with my parents: New York/New Jersey. I've noticed that when I travel, I don't seem to focus enough to sit down and blog. The irony is that travel should be a time of massive blogging since there's sooo much going on around and inside one's head.

Well, as you've all seen, I didn't :S

I know it's best to write when ideas are fresh, but I'll try my best in keeping the details real! It will take a couple of posts to share the impressions, situations, feelings and thoughts from this trip.

However, the first thing I have to say is that the days spent in NY/NJ revealed a lot of things to me. Understanding and acceptance took place inside of me concerning issues that've been obscured by time but not really healed. I feel things settling inside of me...something inside of me changed. The chain of events that have stirred my heart and my thoughts in the last 6 months gave way to this wonderful, soul-shaking trip.


I found this quote the other day:

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly".

I think this is what's happening to me...like a butterfly...I feel my wings finally coming out.

The day after I got back, I had lunch with my clarinet teacher. Profe has dealt with me for years and knows me very well. Someone I work often and closely with. We performed together the night before my trip. And when we met for lunch that day, he interrupted me as I talked and said: "Neny, you seem different; something in you has changed...your face has light; there's even something different in the tone of your voice. As you speak, I notice something that wasn't there before...I'm happy to see you like this".

WOW! This meant so much to me! His words confirm that what I am feeling inside is genuine and even, evident.

I am happy inside...I feel things changing...I feel things settling...I feel parts of me growing...I feel I am getting stronger...am I really getting ready to take flight?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails