Saturday, August 8, 2009

Fragment: LETTERING ART


Going through old e-mails yesterday, I ran through this motivating quote:

"To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did..."

For quite a while, I've had a burning desire to take a class of some sort. I haven't been sure of exactly what kind of class, but I've just been wanting to learn something new, use my brain a bit more, and have homework to do ;)

I've thought about dance classes, french, sculpture, lettering art, creative writing, or perhaps, get my masters? (hmmm...)

Ok, so the french class I already got on with. Although, I have to admit I've left it behind and must resume it :p I have taken up yoga instead of a dance class and absolutely LOVE IT! ;) I've thought of the masters subject, but don't think it makes much sense at this point in my life (why? this will take another post!).

So, I looked for information on a LETTERING ART course and found a cute, little art school not too far from my house...I am soooo excited! It is a 6 week program, 3 hours of practicing calligraphy each day..ufff! I went this weekend, and felt like I was in 1st grade learning how to write! My hand was shaky and all, WHAT?! :) But I must say, for those three hours, my mind did not wander off ANYWHERE. What a relieve!

I need more of these...CLASSES!

3 comments:

The-Pinkster said...

i think this is really cool Neny!
Go for it ;)

Anonymous said...

oh i love this...just love it!

N Lotinsky said...

Love it! Makes me want to start lettering again.... it's been years.

Related Posts with Thumbnails