Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Fragment: TECHIE or ANTIQUIE?


As a new year approaches, I am having a little debate:

Traditional planner or Blackberry for 2010?

I am not a techie person, at all; the people that know me are fully aware of this. I never have the last model of anything! My cell phone is super simple, I do not own an iPod or an iPhone, I do not have a chic MAC, I am terrible at setting alarms and reminders on anything virtual, I've owned 3 digital cameras only because they were given to me as gifts.

Moving on to the techie world scares me a bit. I mean, I find it so magical to whip out your pen and jot down ideas, to do lists, mark X's on things that weren't done, check off the tasks you've accomplished, draw little faces or scribbles that represent what you're feeling any given moment. I don't know if I'm ready to let go of this magic!

Technology is practical; very useful. I do acknolowdge its power to facilitate things. But its practicality is such that one tiny error occurs in one of those internal, tiny wires and the info in your apparatus disappears........all of a sudden, you lose your world! UUUYYY scary!

Hmmmmm, I think I've just given myself the answer. This is the beauty of writing; ideas become so much clearer...

ANTIQUIE IT IS ;) Planner shopping, here I come!!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails