Wednesday, December 9, 2009

"Julie & Julia"


"Uuuuyyy (in a very high pitch!), French people eat french food every single day! I can't get over it!" -Julia Child

Hmmm...I don't know if it has anything to do with the movie, but I made myself eggs for breakfast this morning! Mmmmm; hadn't done so in a while.

I watched Julie & Julia last night. What a feast! Of food, of colors, of laughter, of thoughts, of feelings, of questions, of tears...an inspiring pair of stories.

Meryl Streep, as always, was remarkably fantastic as Julia Child; and Amy Adams, whose been on various movies these last couple of years, also did a beautiful job as Julie Powell.

The film is based on two real stories:

"Julia Child and Julie Powell-both of whom wrote memoirs-find their lives intertwined. Though separated by time and space, both women are at loose ends...until they discover that with the right combination of passion, fearlessness and butter, anything is possible." -Columbia Pictures

I saw myself in so many little parts of this film. It is so comforting when you find yourself in such surreal places. You realize you're not alone in your crazy world of fears and frustrations. Lots of people go through the same stuff. In this particular case, Julie Powell found a way to FIND herself...LUCKY girl!

Well, I must say, I have been lucky myself. As I've mentioned before, ABOTONADA and The Neny Fragments have worked wonders for me! When you feel LOST or stuck, creating short term goals (even if they seem pointless) is the best medicine. Goals get you on your feet, motivate you, keep your mind occupied (therefore, less time for crappy thoughts), and you gain so much by just trying to accomplish things, even if you don't exactly get 'there'.

I think I'm starting to need a new set of those...short term goals, I mean....I've reached that point, again..............of aimlessness, and it is not fun! :S Julie & Julia have reminded me of what I started doing this year; finding little things through which I can canalize my passions. Creating goals that will keep me happy and going. So, what will my next project be?! UUUUYYY! Exciting! ;)

Note: This is Julie Powell's original blog, where she started her project, 524 recipes in 365 days from Julia Child's cookbook. The project that changed her life and her world.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails