Thursday, March 25, 2010

Fragment: ANTIQUES

I found another blog that talks about things I love...FLEA MARKETS, VINTAGE and SHABBY findings, ANTIQUES... http://chartreuseandco.com/blog/

I want to live in a place where antique lovers abound...does that say anything about what I should be doing or should do with my life at some point?

There must be a couple of antique stores here in Dominican Republic, which I haven't visited. Hmmmm...maybe I should make a list of these and start visiting them at some point! Why hadn't I thought of this before?!?!

Actually, a couple of months back (I know, I forgot to blog about it, oopsie!), a friend told me about an antique flea market that happens every sunday at the Colonial Zone. I was so excited to hear that!! So, the following sunday, I went...it was tiny, but I felt like I was in heaven! (Pictures below)

I get this thrill when I am surrounded by old stuff! Things that belonged to people I never knew, that hold a history I will never know, but can still have a part in if I purchase it. I love nostalgia, memories, the past...I guess that's why I love ANTIQUES.

Maybe I should get into the antiques business?!?! Hmmmmm!

Maybe, maybe, maybe.......anything can be! I can't believe after all this time, I'm still FINDING me!


By the way, I got this little treasure for $150 pesos (US$4):

3 comments:

Chennifer said...

you know where to find cute 50's style looking dresses in sto.dgo?

Nenygq said...

Wow...what a good question! See! That's the thing! There are a few of antique stores here, but I don't think they are like the ones in other countries where the have clothing and all :S

I will find out for you, though ;)

I still have to respond an e0mail you sent me!! I'm so sorry! I'm terrible!!!

Chennifer said...

do that! I love when you give tips! But they don't have to be real 50's - just the style, I'm wondering if they have that style there somewhere, - no problems about the email. you'll get to it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails