Thursday, April 1, 2010

Fragment: TABU


One of my best friends ever is getting married! I've known Tabu since I was like 16 years old...awww :)

And not only am I inspired to blog about this because he's my best friend, but I am also in love with the concept of his BIG DAY!

Kangri and Tabu, like the rest of us common mortals, are not in their best financial place at the moment. Therefore, they wisely decided to postpone the wedding.

(Right: Tabu and me/Left: Tabu and Kangri)

However, their group of friends from ICC (the community church they attend) had the beautiful idea of celebrating, literally, a "community wedding" for the lovebirds. And when I say community wedding, I mean, someone will provide the bride with a dress, another will be in charge of decorating the venue, one will make the cocktail that will be served, others will be arranging the bride's bouquet, two girls will get bridesmaids dresses, one will make the cake, I will make the bridesmaids button bouquets (YEY!), etc, etc...and all this without Kangri or Tabu having to do anything or pitch in a dime!!! Isn't this marvelous?!

That is true friendship, I must say... :)

I am so excited about this wedding! Once again, I am hooked to the best wedding website for ideas and inspiration www.stylemepretty.com.

I so love untraditional weddings! This is such a practical idea. A true friends and family celebration. That's what it's all about. That's what I dream of for MY big day ;)

*SIGH*

NOTE: Pictures to come!

3 comments:

Eli said...

Me hiciste llorar con este post Neny, porque yo se lo que significa Esau para ti y para mucho de nosotros!! Yo tambien estoy muy emocionada con esta boda!!

Alex G. said...

Sister, this is sooooo nice... It's awesome that you blogged about it... Although I'm super bummed that I'm gonna miss yet another wedding of another "BEST" friend. First it was Frank's (El ingeniero) and now Esau. Why must I always be in the wrong place at the wrong time? Only God knows why...

Congrats to the love birds, May God provide for you both in love and in any other way that your marriage will need. I'm thrilled for both of you!

Los amo mucho!

Nenygq said...

I know brotherrrr! I know he wishes u were here too ;) You will be missed!

Related Posts with Thumbnails