Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"24"


Ok, so I am officially hooked to the TV series 24! For those who know me, I know you must be wondering what has gotten into me. I usually AVOID anything with scary contents that create unnecessary tension in my life, especially if it contains too much of a death poll. And...24 IS about ALL this!

So, you are right. There IS some external influence that has led me to watch this. The other day, I was at a restaurant with a group of friends, and one of them started talking about 24 with so much excitement. The description given was so fascinating that I felt immediately intrigued. Soon enough after that day, I surrendered to my own standards of 'things I don't like to watch', and found myself renting the first disc of 24.

The series is shown in "real-time", meaning, each minute that passes while you're in front of the TV, actually corresponds to a minute in the lives of the characters. When there are commercial breaks, a digital clock appears on the screen showing the time, for example, 12:37pm, and when the show comes back from commercial, the same clock appears, now showing 12:41pm; it actually counts the real time that passed when the commercials interrupted the story. So even though we are seeing commercials, the story has kept going! Isn't this just amazingly thought out! How inventive and ingenious of the writers to create something like this!

There's a lot of killing and thrilling tension, but I am so fascinated and, surprisingly, HOOKED! I'm on Season 1, disc 4 right now, 1:00 to 2:00pm...Can't wait to finish my first 24 hours!

Oh, by the way, JACK BAUER is like...THE MAN!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails