Thursday, June 25, 2009

Fragment: PROCRASTINATION


When I went to college in NY, I spoke a decent amount of english. I'd lived in NJ when I was younger, and learned the language without much effort. However, I came back to DR, and did not study english any further. So, when I got to college, my english level was not up to par for professional studies. I had a tough time trying to catch up with everyone else in the beginning; in college you have to write an essay for everything and anything! It was challenging! But I went from a D- to an A- in my english composition class...YEY!

Amongst all the great new words, phrases, grammar and composition techniques that I learned, there was one word in particular that truly caught my attention: PROCRASTINATION. This word doesn't have a direct translation in spanish. This is what I love about english language; it's so practical! Sometimes, one word (like this one) wraps a whole lot of meaning in it, which could only be translated into spanish by composing a whole sentence!

Anyways, to procrastinate is "to put off till another day or time; to defer; to delay". There's a quote I found one day that goes hand in hand with the word PROCRASTINATION, which says: "There's no pleasure in having nothing to do...the fun is in having lots to do and not doing it!"

So why do I talk about PROCRASTINATION today? Because I needed to let you guys know that I'd started a couple of posts and never finished them, always thinking, "I'll finish them later on..." and of course, never did till today :)

Therefore, I urge you to go as back as February 23rd to read some postings that were meant to be read back then, but having procrastinated so fabulously, you will be reading TODAY!

Here are the dates you should go back and read because they're were dated and saved back then, but finished just now:

February 23rd
March 12th
May 8th
May 18th
May 24th *pending
May 25th
May 28th

Go ahead and read the above PROCRASTINATED fragments ;)

1 comment:

Eli said...

Cuando vuelves a escribir???

Related Posts with Thumbnails