Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fragment: A DAY...today!


So this is what a day in my life is like sometimes; more so lately because of the situation at the symphony. Oh, right, I haven't written about this yet.

The thing is that our conductor resigned about 4 months ago. We got assigned a new conductor, this time a dominican (YEY!), whose put the orchestra under a deep restructuration process. We haven't had concerts or even rehearsals since March! Auditions for the whole orchestra have been announced, and they are obligatory. So, basically, we have 2 months to study the assigned orchestral excerpts and solo concert to audition in August, and then...get fired? raise our salary? get promoted, moved to another stand? who knows? As I've said before, I enjoy my job very much...it is SO unpredictable. Keeps me at the tip of my toes ;) Uuuuuuyyyyyy!But somehow, I have managed to keep myself busy, although I am basically jobless :S Playing with my buttons, socializing here and there, hooked to the series 24, singing at church, scarce gigs and other rehearsals, renting movies, working some hours at Crescendo, paying some bills, crashing my car, and the most recent, my new form of smart entertainment: SUDOKU!

(Oh man, I just noticed the clarinet wasn't even slightly mentioned in the paragraph above...hmmm...ok, I need to get on it!)

"The following events took place between 8Am and 4PM today" (like the 24 influence in me? jaja):

-Woke up at 8am; had coffee and cereal; watched 24, Season 2 Disc 2
-Checked e-mails
-Worked on Abotonada stuff (finished Nicky's order, yey!)
-Finally found a new way to close my button bracelets (I'm so excited!)
-Showered; made myself a light lunch
-Watched some more 24 (so GOOD!)
-Walked to my new favorite spot, the new coffee shop in my neighborhood; had my cortadito and did some SUDOKU!
-Walked back home; Lemay came to visit for a bit
-Finished 24, Season 2 Disc 2 (can't wait to go get Disc 3!)
-Started setting up my Etsy shop (finally!); still not done, but chk it out http://www.nenygq.etsy.com/
-Talked to my sister and little brother on the phone while I made myself some pasta for dinner
-Blogged ;)

What a day, huh?!

2 comments:

Eli said...

Hi Neny! solo pasaba para decirte that i'm waiting for your next post! love u:)

Nenygq said...

Mi querida Eli! Gracias por ser mi fiel lectora! Pues paso por aqui para decirte que el posting de hoy viene premiado con otros postings mas! Chequealo y disfruta! Muah!

Related Posts with Thumbnails