Saturday, April 11, 2009

Fragment: HP image ;)

Sooooooo...to my surprise, last night a friend from college said hello while chatting through Facebook and said: "Dar, I have something for you! I had to go buy office supplies for work (mostly ink for printers) and I saw your face on the HP ink boxes! I cut it out to send it to you...it HAS to be you!"


JAJAJAJAJAJAJA...I was laughing non-stop for the next half-hour :)

So yea, I got this random gig in July 2006 while trying to live in NY/NJ...I was looking for jobs when I bumped into a casting for HP. I was like, "what do I have to lose?"...they were looking for "real people", meaning, NO MODELS! Not sure if to feel offended or happy about having gotten the job JAJA. So, I went to the casting. Basically, I wrote my name on a sheet of paper, posed for a photographer as if I were going to jail ;) (front, profiles) and walked out. Two days later, I got a call! YEY!!!!

It was such a wonderful day! A great and memorable experience! I was a REAL PEOPLE, but let me tell you that I DID get to BE a MODEL for one day!!! It was AWSOME :)

So pampered! Getting hair, make-up, nails done...the fashion stylist trying a million clothes on me as if I were a doll...she was so hyped! (and so was I!)

They did some great shots! Don't know why they only used this picture (which I actually don't like at all). But another friend of mine just told me (through Facebook, once again...don't you love FACEBOOK?!) that another friend told her that she bought a laptop and saw my face on the box JAJAJAJA... I'm intrigued if they used the same unliked-by-me picture. So, if any of you bump into one, pls let me know ;)

Anyways, apparently my image has been out in the market since April 2007 and I didn't have a clue. NICE!

Don't you just love the little, random surprises that life throws one's way?

My dad sent me an e-mail this morning saying he immediately went to the store to buy a couple of these inks JAJAJA (see? I can't stop laughing!) and said it felt so cool to go to the store and see my face repeatedly on the products. Awww, proud daddy :)

Hey! I wanna see me! Well, for now, I found this image online.

Thanks Angelito for letting me know about this ;) I think this actually made my day! JAJAJAJA!
P.S. When I get back home I'll upload like two more photos I have from the HP shoot (which I like much better).

2 comments:

wgqevolution said...

So you don't like the picture they chose either... i'm glad to hear i'm not the only one :)

Jerry de Concilio said...

In Italy I don't have see your face on hp products box because I don't use hp ;-) but I would like make a shopping tour for check this box .
very compliments for this opportunity in your live....
ciao from Italy
Gennaro

Related Posts with Thumbnails