Sunday, April 12, 2009

Fragment: SPAIN

Ok...so I finally accept it: I'M IN SPAIN!
It has taken me some time to finally appreciate the fact that I am HERE. But I finally realized, I am exactly where I've been wanting to be for quite a while.

Having coffee with my girlfriend every morning before she goes off to work; stopping at random smokey bars for a cafe con leche and a bocadillo; taking the metro to the city centre making myself believe I'm a local; wandering through the tiny, maze-like streets of the Gothic Quarter; eating the super lunch menu at charming restaurants (which includes 2 entrees, bread, wine and dessert); hunting for unique accesories
on which to spend my little euros; jumping of joy every time I bump into an antiques fair or any other street fair; walking around with a map and NOT getting lost (!); eating lots of bread at all hours of the day; drinking wine and/or coffee at every stop I make; fascinated by the "living statues" on Las Ramblas; photographing the amazing architecture of Gaudi at Casa Batllo, La Pedrera and La Sagrada Familia; walking through the magical Parc Güell; reading, writing and spending lots of time with myself; hostelling and meeting other wanderers (love it!); "renfe-ing" my way to Barcelona, Valencia and Madrid...hmmm...


NOT BAD, eh?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails