Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"My new favorite lantern"

My little brother sent me a small treasure this morning...an e-mail that read:

"Isn't this just the best video in the world? And your in it! You lucky girl you."

...and this video:



This is me dancing with my late "tio" at a Thanksgiving party in New York, 2004. I remember this day perfectly and how I felt dancing with him. He was such a great DANCER! Just look at that turn!! Seems like we rehearsed it or something ;)

And you know what I just noticed while watching the clip? The merengue that we are dancing to is Juan Luis Guerra's "FAROLITO", which translates to "Little Lantern". You guys have read about my fascination with lanterns, especially little ones. Well, I've received today the most precious little lantern of all.

I miss you Tio...now I have a little lantern that holds an eternal image of me and you :)

Thanks, Guevs!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails