Tuesday, November 17, 2009

"Lovers of the Arctic Circle"


Last night, I saw a magical film. The plot revolves around the concept of the circle of life and the coincidences in life. DESTINY.

I love the plot summary that I found on www.imdb.com:

"Otto and Ana are kids when they meet each other. Their names are palindromes. They meet by chance, people are related by chance. A story of circular lives, with circular names, and a circular place (Circulo Polar) where the day never ends under the midnight sun. There are things that never end, and love is one of them."

One of the lines that struck me the most is when Ana, towards the end of the film, says: "I am waiting for the biggest coincidence of my life..." We could all tell the story of our lives by tying coincidences...WOW!

The ending really bugged me, though...I didn't really understand it! :S As explained on www.wikipedia.com: "In the end, one of the main character dies in a freak accident. Told by Ana's point of view, Otto dies, and told by Otto's point of view, Ana dies."

Hmmmm...a bit confusing...this film is so crazy! The story is so uniquely told. I absolutely adored watching this!!!

Which coincidence are YOU waiting for? Which am I? :p

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails