Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fragment: YOGA

I started YOGA class about 2 weeks ago and I'm totally FASCINATED! It's such a cool way to start the day...I've never been so aware of my body before; of its strengths and weaknesses, of of its capability to go further, of some body parts I didn't even notice were there (excercise your toes?), my heartbeat, my breathing...WOW! It's like a confirmation of how ALIVE I am:)

We go through the days just doing what we have been domesticated to do, and rarely take a moment to be in touch with ourselves, our body, pay attention to it! After all, it is the temple of our souls, we should nurture it and take care of it! And be AWARE of all of it, so we could LOVE it and APPRECIATE it more.

It's been so awsome hearing my heart beat when we lay down after each position...and how the body just NEEDS to breathe! And at that moment, I feel so thankful...Thank you God for BREATHING! It's such a wonderful thing :)

I go early in the morning, three times a week. The class is held at a roofed terrace in a lush green garden...we can hear birds chirping, the wind rushing through the leaves and then caressing our bodies...classical music in the background...candles and inciense...and a fabulous instructor, who always has a smile on his face and has gorgeaus eyes, just seeing him makes me smile :)


I am feeling more energetic, more stretched out! And this was the very purpose for taking this class...I'd been feeling weak lately, my body had been getting lazy and tense. But now, I feel great! Totally recommend it! Specially in the morning...it's such a FRESH way to start the day :) I started going to a gym early in the morning a couple of months ago...but it was just a too agitated way to start the day, for my taste; cardio, aerobics...cool, but no...YOGA is the ......... ! jejeje ;)

Note: all the walls and ceilings are painted in lilac and white...what can I say? LILAC JUST MAKES ME HAPPY :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails