Friday, February 13, 2009

"Vicky NENY Barcelona"

I just saw a film recommended by my lil' brother, and have ABSOLUTELY loved it (he always gives wonderful recommendations)!

"VICKY CRISTINA BARCELONA"

Four fabulous reasons:

-Scarlett is one my favorite actresses of all times...and plus, she's so HOT! I hate her, in a good way ;)

-Barcelona is the set of the story...who knows me, KNOWS how much I want to go to this place!

-Hot spanish actors...so great to see them act...and basically, to just SEE them :)

-I'm such a CRISTINA!!! Felt so connected to some of her thoughts...SOME, I've specified, SOME ;) There's one scene where the narrator says something about Cristina that screams out NENY all over the place! It's so cool when someone or something speaks the language of your soul :)

And the narrator says: "It was only Cristina, as the last days of summer expired, who began to experience an old familiar stirring; a growing restlessness that she dreaded but recognized only too well. Suddenly, thoughts started taking precedence over feelings; thoughts and questions about life and love, and as much as she tried to resist these ideas, she could not get them from her mind..."

The following scene is just amazing! When Cristina comes out and expresses what she has thought about, Penelope Cruz bawls out, and makes an OSCAR winning performance :) Check it out!



In the end, I couldn't help but smile again, as the girls prepare to leave Barcelona and the narrator says: "Cristina continued searching, certain only of what she didn't want..." :)

Ohh!! And I loved the BARCELONA song used all throughout the movie, and the spanish guitar playing scenes! I have the same reaction as Vicky everytime I have the chance to experience guitar playing :) *SIGH* I love the guitar!!! This video I found on youtube.com of two guys in Barcelona playing flamenco!

2 comments:

Chennifer said...

I loved this movie! I have it at home and have already seen it 3 times. I love Penelope in this movie, it was SO right to give her an Oscar for this - it was her best performance ever!

Nenygq said...

Hi Jennifer! Long time don't speak ;) I know! I loved tihs movie!! So much that I got inspired to go to Barcelona for Spring Break :) YEY!

Related Posts with Thumbnails