Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fragment: CRAFTING


I went button hunting a couple of weeks ago, but hadn't had a chance to write about it with all the hecticness of my cuban friend coming...but now that I'm resuming all my chores and personal activities, I remember that I have a wedding to keep planning!

So button hunting was of course, DELIGHTFUL! My sister took me to a pretty big mercer's shop and guided me directly to the buttons section. There were 5 aisles holding jars full of different colored, sized and shaped BUTTONS!!!!! Oh my!! I felt like I was dreaming!!!!! So after an hour or so of choosing the ones I liked most, we went home and layed them out on the table...

This is me sorting out the white and ivory buttons for my wedding BUTTON-bouquet!! EXCITING!

The wire sticks I'd already found at a local craft shop a couple of days ago. I was hanging out with a friend and when we drove by the store I got a hunch that I had to go in! I was so excited to randomly find exactly the wires that I wanted: green and sort of thick for sturdiness.

Yesterday, I went to my sister's house with my toolbox holding all the buttons and the wire sticks..."LET'S GET TO WORK!" It was fun and relaxing making the button flowers...this is what I love about craft making, it's so therapeutic! I think we had a successful first try at button-bouquet making ;)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails