Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fragment: MY Born-DAY...turning 25!


Remember the little trip to Zara I might've taken? Well, I took it today! Ahhhh, so much delight in one place!! I wanted a couple of things, but of course, I could only choose one with the excuse of making myself a b-day present ;) This is what I got ---> aren't they gorgeous?! Funky and cute...really, really like them!

So my born-day is in a week; I will be turning 25...wait a minute! Isn't this when the "quarter-life crisis" should be taking place? But, but, but...I think this will be my "5th quarter-life crisis anniversary day"!

Seriously, everyone that knows me is fully aware of this: I've been dealing with the quarter-life crisis since my sophmore year in college! I think it has something to do with what Kim tells Michael in the movie "THE LAST KISS" (click on the link below and FF to 1:40 minutes):



"The world is moving so fast now that we start freaking out way before our parents did...cuz we don't ever stop to breathe anymore..."

Wow...what a trailer, what a movie! I soooo recommend it! It's one of the most realistic Hollywood movies I've seen. I don't know much about films, but I'm a fan of independent films because of how REAL they are, and this movie reminded me of indie's...ABSOLUTELY love it! Especially at this point in my life...speaks so much to me...

So for my SUPER quarter-life b-day, this is what I've got planned! I'm going to wake up early and have breakfast at some nice coffee shop (still haven't decided which); will hang out with my family (sister, brother-in-law, niece, nephew) for a bit, perhaps for lunch (?); will catch a matinee of "Nights in Rodanthe", which I've been waiting for by the minute (can't wait to see it!); will go home, shower, wear a sexy black dress, with a sweet butterfly headband I made, 'whichgoose' inspired :) (OK, so not even close to her fantastic creations, but it was fun trying!); will go out to "La Cave del Rey" for a fabulous dinner, at a fabulous place, and drink lots of WINE; will probably go home to sleep after that ;) mmm, but I think it's a nice day...just like my outfit for the night, it's like a mix of innocence and adulthood altogether...the matinee mixed in with wine at a fancy restaurant...the sexy dress mixed in with the cute butterfly headband...

.................25..................yep! I think that's what it represents for me right now....the MIX of it all...of all that I've been, up 'til this moment....*a girl breaking in to be a woman*....like a BUTTERFLY.....................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope that you have had one enterteining birthday; since it cannot be absent ... it does not matter if they are 72 ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails