Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"Thesaurus"


Another place that has become a refuge, like a second home to me, is the bookstore THESAURUS. It is lodged in a two-floor building, but has a very small feel. Very neat and organized, the store has a magazine stand that I directly go to when I come in. I grab one or two magazines, or how many of them I haven't read, and go directly to the second floor, where the smell of coffee and the indistinctive chattering of intellectuals draw me in like a spell.


The space of the tiny cafe is delimited by floor length windows that give the room fabulous natural lighting. Despite the windows facing one of the busiest avenues of the city, the tranquility inside the cafe is unobstructed. There are about 12 small, round tables that have a shabby french look to them. The iron chairs are black with striped (navy blue, red, green, yellow) cushions. They serve all kinds of coffee, alcohol (yes, in a bookstore!), and exquisite sandwiches, wraps, salads and desserts. Everything they make tastes so fresh and homemade...and the coffees are delightful! The kitchen area is tiny, integrated with the coffee makers and the cash register, all in the same small place. They have one of those beautiful (and super expensive) copper coffee makers which gives the tiny coffee shop a vintage feel. (ABOVE: My niece and nephew at the cafe area)


Everytime I need to gather my thoughts, whenever I have a book to read or things to write, if I feel sad or nostalgic, if I'm happy about something and feel the need to celebrate within myself, when I need the perfect place to meet a colleague or a friend, I GO TO THESAURUS!

I always order a 'cortadito' (macchiato) with brown sugar...the best in town!

(RIGHT: Pushy browsing through books in the cooking section)

1 comment:

Jen - Earth Angels said...

Thanks for visiting the BLOG and i am glad to get to yours...

Yes, Charlotte's Tea Room does weddings
you can reach the owner at 845-988-9499 -- tell Joanne that Jen O'Connor referred you or email her at
jgraney@warwick.net

Good luck and thanks for reaching out...
xxoo JEn

Related Posts with Thumbnails