Friday, October 17, 2008

"Una Noche de Clarinete"

I haven't written in a couple of days...please forgive my silence...but I'd been busy (something that seldomly happens). I've achieved one of my short term goals for the year, and it gives me such a satisfying feeling!

Alden, a friend from Cuba who's an amazing clarinetist, came to Dom. Rep. by an invitation that I made work through a whole lot of errands! He gave a wonderful recital, "UNA NOCHE DE CLARINETE", where we performed together and, as it always happens, I had a blast on stage! He gave a delightful masterclass at the National Conservatory, from which I unexpectedly learned so much! I mean, I organized the event, but I didn't expect to actually learn things from it! Lastly, we performed the Mendelssohn Concerto for 2 clarinets and piano at a mini concert held at the Conservatory, sharing stage with musicians from NY that were also visiting and performing.

Everything went smoothly, I can not complain, although I have ;) But nothing went too wrong, and all the little goals were met...so I am ECSTATIC!

After 11 days of music, clarinet conversations, rehearsals, performances, and lots of driving and eating out, I took Alden to the airport yesterday...and after a bit of nostalgia, suddenly my life came back to me...I went to my french class last night, today I will resume my work at CRESCENDO, and I can now sit and write in my blog again, among other things...I'd kind of missed it ;)



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails