Thursday, May 28, 2009

"CAYENA@Casa de Teatro"

Last night was such a wonderful, soulful evening! First the Kalma concert: DIVINE! Then off to Casa de Teatro where I got to see my friends doing their thing: JAZZ & BLUES mixed in with contagious, tropical beats!


It made me so happy to be surrounded by people that appreciate GOOD music. Casa de Teatro is a hub of culture! It's one of my favorite places in this city; although, I don't go as often as I should. Interesting events are always taking place at Casa de Teatro, supporting and exposing local artists.

Last night, Cayena displayed its power of performance, its musical quality, its diversity, its astonishing charisma and, (BONUS!) its unexpected sense of humor! There were many great things going on on that stage: interesting colors added by the lively percussion player; phenomenal improv's by the trumpet and trombone players; the drummer's impeccable discharge of rhythms; outstanding compositions by the guitar and bass players; and overall, so much SOUL! When can I get more of this, pleaseeee?!



It was a pleasure to witness such upscale musicianship. Check 'em out if you reside in Dominican Republic!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails