Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Fragment: GOALS


This morning, excitement has taken over my heart!

One of my goals has been achieved ;)

This feeling makes me understand how important and valuable it is to write down one's goals. Writing them down makes them visible to you, therefore, makes it easier to commit because it makes you feel a certain sense of responsaibility. Writing them down also functions as a reminder; each time you bump into the piece of paper with your goals on them, you're reminded of the things you are supposed to be doing. And, it's just so liberating to scratch off the list when you've achieved one!

Today, I've been published! In my list of goals, one of them was exactly that...TO GET PUBLISHED...anywhere...whether it was a story I'd written, or someone writing about me.

A couple of months ago, a friend of mine, photographer Alina Vargas (http://www.alinavargas.com/), excited about my ABOTONADA creations, suggested me to be published at one of the magazines she collaborates with: REVISTA U (http://www.revistau.com/).

I was so excited when she told me about it. First of all, I love that magazine! I hunt for it each month, because it's a free mag and you bump into it randomly. Secondly, and most important, I immediately thought of my goals list ;)

She came to my house one day and photographed me with my button accessories; a couple of weeks later (while in Spain), I was interviewed via e-mail by Elvira Lora from U Mag; and this morning, while having my coffee, I bumped into my BUTTONED OBSESSION article ;) YEY!

Check it out at http://www.revistau.com/, page 16...and enjoy!

1 comment:

Alex G. said...

OMG Sisterrrr, I was sooo excited to see Farah's note on Facebook about this mini-article about your buttons obsession... I read it and loved it! Like I always say: "You be the woman sisterrrrrr!" However, I couldn't download the PDF for some reason, and the online version was a little hard to maneuver... Soooooo, you know me, always looking for the solution to a problem. I couldn't rest knowing that we couldn't get our hands on that PDF, so I hacked into the U magazine website (ooops, don't tell them I did that! lol) and found the real path for the PDF... so here it is: http://www.revistau.com/issues/09-05/u-09-05.pdf

Related Posts with Thumbnails