Friday, May 8, 2009

"Clarinetisimo"


Off the plane from Spain, and I was back to my LIFE! Performing, helping out my teacher with a clarinet music festival he was organizing, hanging out with my girls Lau and Alaimette, and back to the wonderful little routines of my life.

CLARINETISIMO was a success! 5 days full of clarinet masterclasses, concerts, exhibitions, talks, and collaborating with other colleagues, held at the National Conservatory of Music here in DR. as a I think my profe's standards for the festival were met, so he is very happy; hence, so am I ;)

I was so happy to see that more students are picking up the clarinet and are motivated to keep playing, learning and growing as musicians. Our instrument is not very popular around here; I've been actually a bit worried about the future of the clarinet in this country. But the experience of this festival made me feel a bit more optimistic. I hope for these young clarinetists to keep on studying and to become a generation of important clarinet growth in the DR.

I've heard, although not very much believed, that I am one of the few professional clarinetists in the history of this country! Doesn't that sound kind of like a big deal?! But then again, anything in a small place can EASILY be a big deal. However, now, I not only believe it, But I've come to learn that it is totally certain. In a way, I feel a little honor of having made a bit of history in my country ;) but in another way, I feel a bit dumb for not being more serious about my career in the last couple of years. I know I could be so much better, and could have done SO much more with my talent and the opportunities that have been presented to me.

I don't regret anything in my life; but I am fully aware of how some decisions in my past could have taken me to higher places. My profe says is not to late...hmmmm.

Then again, it all sums up in the same old question! Where is it that I want to go with my life...and the answer is...................................................................... ;)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails