Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"WitTy ButToNs"


There is something that has been fervently on my mind lately: OPENING MY OWN ETSY SHOP! How exciting is this?! It is so cool to find something that brings out the passion for action! I hadn't felt like this in a while...

So, I already technically 'opened' my shop, but still have to set it up with a name, a banner and actually post listings of what I will be selling. I've deciced that the main material of my creations will be BUTTONS. I will make button bracelets, button earrings, button rings, button necklaces, button covered frames, button bouquets, button fascinators and headbands...button THIS, button THAT...basically, anything I can alter with buttons! I love buttons! I love button shopping, hunting for button treasures in my grandmother's sewing closet, and crafting with buttons. Therefore, I think a focus on button creations is THE way to go for my etsy shop!

Here are a few samples of what I will be making (these are made by me)...

BUTTON BRACELETS:



BUTTON BOUQUETS:



I've been thinking of names for my shop, and so far I've come up with the following list of tentatives:

BUTTONFLY, BOTONES, UNBUTTONED, WITTYBUTTONS

I think I like WITTYBUTTONS best! What do YOU think? Please comment ;)

As far as the banner for my shop, I've found some nice ones on etsy. I can do it myself, but for starters, I think I'll buy one. I can focus on making my own banner later on, depending on the course and the shape that my shop takes. Here are a few samples:









I like them all! It's so hard to choose! The first one is my absolute favorite, though...please, DO comment ;)

Anyways, yesterday I got a little downer. International carriers like FedEx, DHL, UPS are relatively new in DR. Therefore, the fees are ridiculously high to ship to USA! I found out it would cost aprox. US$50 to ship a bracelet to New York!! It's impossible :( Therefore, I figured I will have to wait until I move to California to start my shop...BUMMER! I was so excited.........wait a minute! Have I written about me moving to Cali????? Mmmmmm, next posting ;)

3 comments:

Chennifer said...

WITTYBUTTONS and the forth banner from the top! Great idea!

Anonymous said...

I say Unbuttoned... sex sells!

xoxoxoxo
Andrea

Anonymous said...

witty buttons would be a mistake

that's mine

Related Posts with Thumbnails