Monday, December 8, 2008

Fragment: *B&B* (ultimate goal?)


This past year, something has become very certain in my mind, and perhaps, in my heart (?)...

I've been searching for what makes me happy, for the things in life that I enjoy, for my passions, for my calling, for my natural talents, for jobs that aren't dreadful but that become the highlight of the day.........and after 2 years of desperation, uncertainty and lots of tears, I am recognizing my interests, the things that I've enjoyed and the ones that have destroyed my soul, and I've come to the
following conclusion: MY DESIRE IS TO OWN
A BED AND BREAKFAST IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY, A BEACH TOWN OR A MOUNTAIN SETTING, WITH MY HUSBAND (Pushy!!!!); A PLACE THAT REFLECTS OUR PERSONALITIES AND OUR PASSIONS ALL OVER! PUSHY COOKS (the breakfast, of course; I make the beds jeje), I CREATE (everything and anything), WE BOTH MANAGE; IT WILL BE OUR JOB, OUR PASSION, OUR LITTLE BABY, OUR ROUTINE, OUR ADVENTURE, OUR HOME, OUR-OUR-OUR-OUR...OURS...IT WILL BE OUR LIFE...

Searching for B&B's for sale on the internet, I found an ad that read like this:

"Live Your Dream All Year Round!
Work from Home!
Live the ultimate lifestyle instead of a 9 to 5 job, with income potential of $100,000/year.
Listen to the summer birds singing while working on the computer.
Enjoy the crisp autumn panoramic view while taking a reservation.

Smell the winter wood burning fire while cooking the guests breakfast.
Feel the spring morning breeze while sipping your coffee on the porch.
Relax in settings filled with comfort and charm.
Retreat and indulge with family and friends in this luxurious 7-bedroom paradise.
A total escape from city life, but close enough to San Francisco (3 hrs) or Sacramento International Airport (1.5 hrs) Chico Airport (45 min), or Oroville (30 min.)"


Now, there's something that speaks to my mind and soul!! And it confirms my defined desire of the year (finally, a DEFINED desire!), I want to own a B&B with Pushy someday. I know, I know...it takes TIME! We need $$, lots of work, and transcendental decisions made, but it has become an 'ultimate' goal of mine...and guess what?! It is certainly a shared one! Pushy wants this too!!! So, I guess it's meant to be ;) US and our B&B!

I was having my usual 'cortadito' (coffee) at Thesaurus the other day, and browsing through a HOTEL BOOK, I found some interesting B&B's that serve as inspiration. They don't reflect what we'd like, but they are so unique, each in their own way, that they inspire me to own a place that totally reflects my PUSHY and ME:

Lindos Huespedes (Spain) http://www.lindoshuespedes.com/

Elqui Domos (Chile) http://elquidomos.cl/

Celica Hostel (Slovenia) http://www.souhostel.com/en/accomodation/index.html

Boheems Paradijs (The Netherlands) http://boheemsparadijs.nl/

***And a little paradise that Pushy and I have stayed in: Villas Nicolas (Costa Rica) http://www.villasnicolas.com/


So, take a look and be INSPIRED!

P.S. All the photos in this posting are from a B&B for sale in Ecuador...ahhhh!

2 comments:

Alex G. said...

Sisterrrrrrrrrrrrr, alllllriiiiiighhhhht!!!! This is so awesome to hear you speak this way (or should I say: "to read your thinking this way," lol). I was actually reading today an email sent to me by one of my co-workers called "The ten habits of happy people." Habit No. 4 was none other than: Happy People have meaningful goals. Here is its description: People who strive for something significant whether it's learning a new craft or raising moral children, are far happier than those who don’t have strong dreams or aspirations," say Ed Diener and Robert Biswas-Diener. "As humans, we actually require a sense of meaning to thrive." Harvard’s resident happiness professor, Tal Ben-Shahar, agrees, "Happiness lies at the intersection between pleasure and meaning. Whether at work or at home, the goal is to engage in activities that are both personally significant and enjoyable." So sisterrrr, I think Lou-Lou (I used to call him Louis for some reason, and "Lou-Lou" or just plain "Lou" stuck)and you are on the right track to happiness. Demas esta decirte que puedes contar con mi apoyo, and if it requires any IT euqipment, you got your Computer geek brother to take care of that, and the support for as long as the business is running. Love u sis!!!

Anonymous said...

sweet blog and nyce photos of b&bzzz...good idea about b&b as life & job & luv....

Related Posts with Thumbnails