Thursday, December 11, 2008

Fragment: LIST OF GOALS (Jarabacoa)


Yesterday, one of my goals of the year was somewhat met...SOMEWHAT, because it was more like a sneak peek :) At the beginning of my stay here in DR (April 2007), I made myself write a LIST OF GOALS. Never in my life had I done so, despite having heard all throughout high school and college that writing down your goals was an important tool in the process of actually getting to achieve them. Since the MAIN goal of my staying in DR was to start getting things 'straight' in my life, I finally took a notebook and wrote down GOALS. It was hard writing the first one; I felt I didn't have any major goals. So, what would I write?!

But then, I thought, "OK, I have to start by something, so how about I write down desires and MAKE them my tiny goals ;)" YES! Good idea...So, I started my list by writing down a headline: "IF GOD GIVES ME A YEAR IN DR, THESE ARE THE THINGS I'D LIKE TO HAVE DONE" With this focus of converting desires into goals, I couldn't stop writing!

One of those desires made into goals was going to JARABACOA on a 'green adventure'...I'd been to this place before, but didn't remember it too well. And yesterday, I went with the symphony to perform at a small church in Jarabacoa, celebrating the town's 150th anniversary. Jarabacoa is about 2 1/2 hours from the capital, on the northern part of the island, and it's a mountain town, so it's chilly and there are pine trees and small log cabins! I didn't feel like I was in DR yesterday! So cool! Too bad we only drove there, performed, had dinner and left back to the capital, so I couldn't really see much of Jarabacoa...hence, the 'sneak peek' of my GOAL ;)

I have loved living in DR this past year and a half...but somehow, I always knew this stay would be temporary. Therefore, my main goal was to have no regrets or undone business when the day of leaving came. I'm still working on this. Some of my tiny goals have been met; others, I have 4 1/2 months to work on ;) until I say, "PUSHY + CALI, HERE I COME!"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails