Thursday, December 4, 2008

"If you were a melody..."



Have I mentioned how much I adore "THE HOLIDAY" movie with Kate Winslet, Cameron Diaz, Jack Black and Jude Law? Ok, I'm fully aware of how so not intellectual I will probably sound with the following statement, but......"The Holiday" is hands down the movie that I have watched THE MOST in my life...over and over and over...I can recite the whole script and still enjoy it as if it were the first time! The dialogues are impressively smart and witty, funny and oh, so entertaining (in a mature, adult kind of way). Oh! And the soundtrack is stunningly beautiful, stirring my emotions from the opening scene 'til the end.

This scene (among lots of others) is one of my favorites ;) Jack is playing the piano (he's soooo sweet in this movie!), making up a melody for a friend's event. When Kate (Iris) comes in the room, she sits next to him and he says, "I also wrote one that sounds like you.......Iris, if you were a melody.....(plays the melody in piano).......I used only the good notes"....AWWWWWWWWWW! Isn't it an amazing line?!?!

A friend just called and asked me to be part of something very special......He will be giving his girl THE ring on Sunday night, and has asked me to play the clarinet for them at some point during the dinner!!!!!!! Isn't that cool? I felt so honored that he wants me to be part of such a climactic event!

So thinking about what to play, this scene from "The Holiday" came to mind...wouldn't it be nice if I come out and say, "L***, if you were a melody, you would sound like this..." and then, play something beautiful?! Then, her man would come out, go down on one knee...and you know the rest...kiss, kiss, kiss and tears of joy! YEY! Now..........what melody can I play? So the thinking begins...gotta get creative ;) Isn't that always exciting?!

NOTE: So this is them the day of (photo below)! I ended up playing a fragment of Albinoni's Adagio. I walked towards them, playing this stunning melody, and it was a magical moment...she cried...and guess what?! Afterwards she asked, "was that Albinoni's Adagio? It's like one of my favorite pieces in the world!!"

How perfect! UFFFF ;)

1 comment:

Angie González said...

OH...MY...GODDDDD!!!!! Sister!!!! who is this guy????? He is such a romantic....I hope that whoever he is, keeps doing this kind of thing after they are married....esas cosas hacen falta, por lo menos a personas como yo..:( oh, oh, I think I'm getting a bit to intimate)....Great idea!!! Love u, sister.

Related Posts with Thumbnails