Monday, July 19, 2010

"City Island"


"Women are emotionally incoherent...it's our most defining characteristic."

"Call me...but only on a whim."

"What other profession could accommodate my sort of behavioral problems?"

-Quotes from City Island movie.

Emily Mortimer is irresistibly sweet and delicate, as she always is. She reminds me of Chesky in a way. Terribly charming! I love watching her in movies; it's like eating cotton candy on a breezy afternoon as you walk around a lake :)

Andy Garcia was cool. Sweet at times, other times he seemed so ordinary; simply a regular guy.

The young boy reminds me of June (a friend from church) and Guevs (my brother). Sarcastically teasing everyone at the dinner table; so creatively hilarious! He had me bursting with laughter.

The family....just like every family...totally screwed up! So many secrets; things untold because of everyone being afraid of being misunderstood. Sounds like LIFE as it is.

Really enjoyed it, along with 2 slices of pizza and some wine...mmmm!

NOTE: Should I venture to City Island one of these days?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails