Friday, July 16, 2010

Fragment: HAIR


"I want to wear HATS and not have to worry about my curls getting all crappy =/ Will it be possible...ever?" -My FB status yesterday which I erased and preferred to blog about it ;)

This thought reminds me of my friend Vel's mom, Yoli, back in June 2008. We were at an after party (after having played a concert). I had done my hair that day (aka straightened it) and while dancing outside with Vel, I kept touching my hair, like trying to tame it, keeping down the possible coming frizz.

When she caught me doing this, Yoli came close to me and whispered in my ear, "stop worrying about your hair so much! It makes you look insecure and self-conscious, and will make people easily become aware of that which you want to hide. But if you let your hair lose, free to take its natural course, whether it is to be tamed or run wild, but you're OK with it, and show it by moving freely, not paying any mind to it, you will look BEAUTIFUL regardless!"

(Above left: Yoli and me)

Wow....she stopped my world right there and then. It was powerful what she'd said...

I opted for the wild, free and beautiful, and had a blast dancing without a care in the world. And guess what?! My hair got REALLY big!!!! But I was so carelessly-happy that I even felt (probably even looked) BEAUTIFUL ;)

(Left: Vel and I dancing as my hair got BIGGER and BIGGER)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails