Saturday, July 17, 2010

Fragment: MOTHERHOOD

2nd post of the day!

This one I should keep SHORT; but real short, not MY kind of short. I don't want much room left for misinterpretations of the things here said :p

I've always been the one to say: "I'm NEVER gonna have kids! I'm not even slightly interested in that subject matter...changing diapers, the lack of sleep, the constant physical exhaustion, teaching another how to live life when I'm not even so sure, shoving MY desires to the backseat for about 18 years.....WHAT'S THE POINT?!" UFFF! My mother would roll her eyes in disgust every time she'd hear me pronounce these words, which--of course--would make me wanna say them again and again (JAJA!). I was definitely not aware of the weight my words had. But somehow the idea of having babies didn't make much sense to me.

I am NOW well aware of how selfish my words must've sounded (sorry maders!)

However, there was one fact of which I was CERTAIN: there was this motherly instinct that some of my girlfriends had that I never seemed to experience (Chesky and Chas being the prime examples). Therefore, I thought maybe motherhood was just not for me. Just like cooking wasn't--still isn't--either. "There are quite some WOMANLY parts missing in me!", I remember thinking.

Well...I don't know if AGE has anything to do with it, or life experience...but, lately, I feel that maybe--JUST MAYBE--I can deal with having ONE ;)

Then, I watched the movie MOTHERHOOD and the "just-maybe" feeling almost dropped again. That was until I went to visit little An and became convinced that this feeling is here to stay....at least for ONE...JUST ONE...after that one, we'll talk.

(Above right: An and me)

THIS IS PRETTY BIG FOR ME!!!!

NOTE: Sister! Watch the movie! I think you'll see yourself in some aspects of the story ;)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails