Saturday, July 10, 2010

"The things you left behind..."

Yesterday, I felt so close to you. You were in every corner of the house. Your old school music was all packed up in hundreds of cassettes inside an orange Home Depot bag, sharing the room with your son. Your 400+ CD collection was standing in a box facing the Hudson River, witnessing a breathtaking sunset; Dad and I organized them in 2 cool Ikea towers. Your scent collection was fragancing each room of the apartment with mouthwatering flavors. Your fancy marble chess set was sitting on the window sill and is now adorning the new Ikea sofa table we put in the living room (looks so fine, by the way!). All the little knick knacks from your travels are finding their way into this home, but some haven't found a place just yet. I put them inside one of the blue storage boxes under the sofa table. Your picture frames of you and your son, your daughter, your family, me...they are so many...you had so many pictures hanging in your bedroom, in your living room. Now, they are all here; some are up, but most are just stacked one on top of the other hidden behind a bed, until we figure out where to put them.

All these THINGS are bringing YOUR life into your kids' apartment...YOU ARE SO HERE...you are part of your 'original' family, once again...and it's so...satisfying, in a way :)

Tell me why.....I see you in so many men walking around NYC...can't help missing seeing your face, and watching you have your dinner at granny's house, which you used to savor and enjoy so much (can't help hearing the sounds you used to make)! It was all SO much part of my NYC trips. It is truly obvious that you're not here.

I sent you an e-mail the other day...can you get e-mails in heaven? :S

....writing is a precious gift.

Missing you lots... :'(

PS: There was something about your hands that I can't seem to get out of my head. Well...I am a hands person...so, I guess yours were one of those pair of hands I really liked :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails