Saturday, July 17, 2010

Fragment: FUTURE HOME

Oh my!! There are SO many things I want to blog about now!!! Is it OK to post more than one entry in one day??? Are you guys OK with that? ;)

Well, today, I might just have to or else, I'm gonna forget! I have to make up for those months of silence, eh?

Ok, so......this one is short and sweet. Basically, I want to share this fragment more so I don't forget about it!

I was looking for a place on craigslit.org for my sister and her kids to stay as they are coming to visit us (YEY!). This is when I bumped into a listing that I REALLY liked, and although I requested information, the person never got back to me (bummer!). Anyways, the picture of the little studio I saved for inspiration :)

I would love a place just like this for myself! I think there's really nothing more that a person needs; as of space, that is. In such a small space, you can have EVERYTHING, and it looks SO cozy and SIMPLE. I look at this little house and I definitely SEE me :)

So, I've decided that I want a place like this one (picture on the left). Whether I move out alone again, or move in with someone (aka get married? WHAT! note: this doesn't specifically mean anything if you're asking yourself why I just mentioned this here :p)...wow, this just made me realize that there are some serious fragments I've left out during my periods of silence (sorry!).

Ok, going on......

I've been wandering around stores in the NYC and Bergen County areas, and I came up with a list of THE stores to buy furniture and home decor for when I do get my little place. This is if I live in the states again. In the DR, the options are more limited--and more expensive--but it's not impossible....I can live ANYWHERE. Nevertheless, shopping here for home stuff would be FAR more exciting *wink, wink*

The list goes something like this:

-IKEA (duh!!!) I think you all would've guessed that one! Affordable, chic furniture and convenient in all aspects imaginable!
-MARSHALLS Great for unique wall art and good prices on brand names in bed sheets and towels; also, you can find unique pieces of furniture, but they are scarce and are often scratched or broken =/
-TJ MAXX Same as Marshalls.
-TARGET You can also find cute things at great prices for home decor and things that you actually really NEED (like bathroom and kitchen stuff)
-URBAN OUTFITTERS Good for weird, unique, colorful stuff (furniture and decor)...a bit overpriced for MY taste tho'
-THE CONTAINER STORE I am an ORGANIZATION freak! So this store relieves my anxieties ;) A MUST for my sanity!
-Various FLEA MARKETS/ANTIQUE SHOPS To satisfy my desire of treasure hunting!
-ETSY.com Same as above ;)

Just as a little example, look at this gorgeous bookend I found at Marshalls the other day:
I'm SO in love!

I don't ask for much, right? ;)

NOTE: I guess, in the end, this post was not as short as I thought it would be...oopsie!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails