Monday, July 19, 2010

"...only own things that you love..."


It is officially IMPOSSIBLE to come to NYC and not shop.

Yes, I confess, I've been shopping...despite of the fact that I promised myself I wouldn't--oopsie!

But it is oh!-so-SATISFYING!!!!!!!

Well, I guess I could link this confession with a little goal of mine (which will perhaps help with the guilt trip). About a year ago, I made a decision: I WILL ONLY OWN THINGS THAT I LOVE. Of course, since I didn't have a home of my own, this decision was more based on my closet/wardrobe.

My decision became a goal given that it is a process that requires adaptation, will power, and a bit of work. The goal was to acquire this new mind set and live accordingly.

The hardest part of the process is deciding which things to get rid off, especially, when there are objects that carry an emotional value; a memory. Expect to spend hours and hours trying to decide; debating whether to give something up or not. In some cases, you may have to simply decide to compromise. Hours and more hours trying things on and off...and, on and off again just to make SURE. Piling away the pieces that don't completely convince you, and putting back on the hanger the ones that undoubtedly WORK. Keep in mind that this process will be physically and emotionally draining.

Nevertheless, once the classifying stage is completed, you will look at your bags filled with "unwanted" stuff, and feel......LIBERATED!

With more free space now (NOTE: not necessarily for NEW stuff!) and a closet containing ONLY pieces that fit perfectly and that you LOVE, there's no way to go wrong. The endless hours of outfit searching before an outing are over. Any 2 pieces that you grab from your--hence--LOVELY wardrobe will make you, literally: PRETTY happy ;)

So, now that I have matured a bit in my process *wink, wink* my shopping has been done with this newly acquired mindset. The philosophy QUALITY over QUANTITY helping, as well. The ultimate GOAL being a closet looking somewhat like this...very polished, grown-up and organized:


Good luck to me!!!!!

"My little goals seem so insignificant to the world, when they actually mean a world to ME!" -My FB status for today.

NOTE: My favorite purchase so far...I am so in loooove with these beauties!!!! The color, the material, the leather flower on the top/front area, the big-wooden heels...*sigh* TOTAL BLISS ;)

2 comments:

♥Jirehsita♥ said...

Jajajajaja loved it Neny!! And I definitely looooved the shoes too, classy and at the same time conffy ;) I need to make a desition with my closet eventhouhg i'ts kind of a walking cl doesn't look like one so I definitely need to make a clean up soon, every time I think about it gives me chills jajaajaja oh well one of this days...

Nenygq said...

Gracias jirehsita ;) yesssss, it is hard to actually start the closet process....but once you do, and are finished, you will feel GREAT! So go on ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails