Monday, September 15, 2008

Fragment: CAFE

Smell and taste are both very powerful tools that we own.

Just a sniff and a sip of my coffee, and the new day opens up before me.

It is in this moment that I, once again, become fully aware that I am here--ALIVE--and that there are countless moments about to happen.

I, once again, realize how clueless I am about the things that may come in the hours ahead.

I am, once again, reminded that I have no control whatsoever over things that I cannot decide.

With my coffee in hand, I close my eyes and, once again, believe--by faith--that I am a creature of God. I need Him to guide my steps and take control of all the UNKNOWNS of this new day.

All these thoughts, awareness and realizations happen in milliseconds! It just takes a sniff and a sip ;)

After 7 hours of not really knowing if I'm here or not (what IS sleep, anyways?!?! It's such a surreal thing that we do each day!)...my coffee reminds me, that I am HERE and I am ME.

A FRESH BREWED LIFE...each day!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails