Friday, September 19, 2008

(my newest obsession)

One thing I've had very clear: I want a wedding that defies all the cookie cutter stuff!

And some of the things I want very different are the bouquet and flower arrangements. First of all, because I am not and never have been much of a flower person; secondly, why is it that we do things without even asking WHY we do it? Why do we cut a cake for someone's birthday? Why does the bride HAVE to hold a bouquet of flowers to walk down the aisle? Why throw the bouquet? Why wear a garter? Why, why, why?? Ok, I don't want to sound like such a rebel, I do appreciate symbolic things because they spice things up, they hold a certain charm...............but why not give it a little twist that will make it YOURS? My bridesmaids won't have flowers, instead, they will carry lanterns and place them along the aisle to adorn my way to the altar.......as of me, I WILL carry a bouquet, but I've been wondering for the past few weeks, how can my bouquet be different?

I started skecthing ideas in my little notebook...and I came up with something interesting. Vine sticks tipped off with attached fabrics, colored papers, and buttons! A scrapbooked bouquet! YES! This would be soooo ME!

And of course, I logged on to etsy and searched for button bouquets to see if anything like it would appear...and to my surprise and extreme satisfaction, it does exist!! People do these crazy things I think about! I am so not alone in the world...it feels good to know there are others that feel my way ;) BUTTON BOUQUETS, my newest obsession! Check them out on etsy.com, there are so many! I wanted to buy this one from the seller letters4lilly for my wedding bouquet but then I thought, this looks easy enough to make; I can go buy buttons that I fall in love with, and make my button bouquet myself!

It will have much more meaning this way ;) I am so excited about this!!!!! I can't wait to go BUTTON hunting!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails