Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"MushyPushy fragments..."


The story about how Pushy and Mushy (me) came to be together is kind of tricky...and very long! Therefore, I will try to be as technical and direct as possible, especially aware of my tendency to give way too many details.

I was about 8 yrs. old (too much detail already?) when I first knew of him; he was my cousin's best friend. "What a dreamy boy!", I remember thinking. He seemed so free, so SIMPATICO (outgoing), so nice, so talkative and formal with my mom and my aunt...and, OH, SO GOOD LOOKING! But there was just ONE little detail: he went to high school with my cousin and my BIG sister! Soooooo, yes, it was at this precise moment that my biggest, "impossible" crush germinated.

Years passed. Other little crushes fleetingly developed and, likewise, disappeared. I grew up a little; moved to another country, and came back from time to time to visit. Every time I saw him, the exact same feeling would emerge! The vision I had of him, which created such feelings, never faded. "MY PLATONIC LOVE", I then started to understand.

Many years later, and after lots of growing-up drama, I moved back to USA, to go to college. So, COLLEGE, eh? Could this finally mean that he'd be able to see me in a different light?

As the daring little person I am characterized to be, I invited him over and confessed my infatuating love for him. He listened very attentively; I could never forget that loving face. When I finished my heartfelt speech, he said, "Ok, it's my turn to talk..." (WHAT?! I had no clue he'd want to talk!). He went on to say how he'd always cared so much for me and my family, but that he'd never thought of me in such a way (nah, really?! BUMMER!). But then, he pronounced words that held so much truth: "But who knows what can happen in the future; the world turns, and it turns a lot!"........ *sigh* ...he gave me hope. What more could I have asked for?! That was more than enough for me :)

Thereafter, we kept in touch ever so often; holidays and other random days. Some flirty e-mails and phone calls were exchanged, and even a couple of encounters...but nothing ever held. He'd always end up disappearing, and I would keep living my life making myself believe I was mature enough to understand the HINT: he disappears = wants no committment.

And then, one spring day, 13 years after I'd first met him, the world had apparently turned ENOUGH...............and Pushy made the phone call that changed our lives forever. And so, he turned a rainy, gray day into one of the most colorful and cheerful days of my entire life!

Three springs, and a fantastic, bumpy ride after, Pushy pops the big one, and slides the *bling, bling*. The rest of our lives together will begin in SPRING (of course!) '09.

Note: tried to keep it short ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waouhhhh what a very wonderful story!
I think you looks very very very good together, and each time I'm looking to your pictures, I'm always fascinated because you are very BEAUTIFUL.A beautiful girl with a beautiful boy!!!For a beautiful life!

Lot of kisses my friend.

Emilie (Maggio)!

PS: I saw Sandra this morning because she came in Brussel.She doesn't change!!!

Anonymous said...

Fate! My best friend states that she loves the concept of fate-because then she doesn't have to accept responsibilty for the course her life decides to take- My boyfriend on the other hand-says everything happens for a reason-but not due to fate-it's due to external stimuli. LOL-he's a dork..anyway- I'm going to have to say your love for each other is a true example of a gift from God. Value your love every minute of everyday!

<3 <3 <3 Dominicana de Nueva York

Related Posts with Thumbnails