Monday, September 8, 2008

Fragment: PRACTICE!


So after 2 years of not practicing or even playing at all my black tubed friend (the clarinet), I was very set back :S and not only in my technique, but worse of all, in my developed ability to focus and concentrate while practicing my music and my instrument...it was like I'd enter another REALM and could not even hear my roommate if she called!

But I've lost that! It's been so hard for me to get into that shape again this past year...but just last week, I made it my goal, to practice everyday again, and slowly begin to enter that realm...



People say I have a lot of soul, and I do feel something rather special when I perform...but, as my music theory teacher Fertitta said one day in class "technique without talent (soul) is boring...but talent (soul) without technique is a catastrophe..."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails