Friday, September 19, 2008

Fragment: SCRAPBOOKING

My scrapbooking space...

I began scrapbooking after my first semester in college. In an intent to keep all those great freshmen memories, I took lots of pictures and wanted to organize them to show my family when I went home for Christmas. So I went out to look for a cool album, but instead bought a RED BOOK (honoring the colors of the school, M'ville) with black cardstock paper. I glued my pictures and decorated each page with keepsakes and ephemera that I'd saved the last 5 months.

What I didn't know was that what I'd done actually had a name...it was an official hobby here in the states! SCRAPBOOKING!

And so I became obsessed with all the scrapbooking goodies at craft stores, and any other general store I'd visit, like Target or Walmart, and would be fascinated for hours just browsing. But all these cute little things were/are sooo pricey! So, I would just buy whatever was on sale. Everytime I'd go to a store, I would head to the scrapbooking section (it even has an exclusive SECTION) and hunt for treasures that were 50%-75% off and so. In no time, I had a storing bin full of my own scrapbooking goodies, YAY!

And like this, one of my favorite pass times was born! Scrapbooking for me is therapeutic. I am such a nostalgic person. Since I was a little girl, I love reliving memories, keeping things that would remind me of a special event or a special someone, hunting for little treasures...scrapbooking just makes sense for me! Saving my treasures in beautiful books created by me......I can spend hours sitting in my scrapbooking workspace. No matter if I am sad, happy, stressed out, worried, nervous, excited, etc., when I scrapbook, I channel everything into those pages...and all of a sudden, everything seems clearer, better, focused and in place.

1 comment:

Alex G. said...

TO ALL: My sis is the best Scrapbooker ever!!!! if you don't believe me, ask her to show you some of her work! Love you sis!

Related Posts with Thumbnails