Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"My 1st!"


There are SO many things inside of me; many parts that conform the whole of me. For quite some time, I've been longing for a space that is soooooo mine!

Searching for random things on the internet, I would accidentally bump into blogs (there are so many of them!) and catch myself reading for hours about others' interestsm passions and opinions. Other minds, other souls! I would stand up from my computer feeling tired, but oh! so fulfilled...but why?

There is something very powerful about being in touch with someone through the postings on their blog. Feeling a connection with interests, feelings, thoughts and ideas of people you don’t even know. Even feeling a rush of excitement as you see photos of things they are craving for, of events that are making them happy and sad, even.

One feels identified...and, when this happens, a very PROFOUND experience takes place.

I've fallen in love with one blog in particular: WHICHGOOSE! I found her etsy shop first and was mesmerized by her creations. Through her shop, I found her blog and BAM! Connection, inspiration, excitement! A new array of thoughts and feelings tackled by someone that doesn't even know me :)

I decided I wanted to start my own blog (and, hopefully soon enough, even start my own etsy shop).

So why "The Neny Fragments"?

Well, I went to rent a movie a couple of days ago, and one in particular caught my attention. The title, (THE TRACEY FRAGMENTS) + the picture on the cover (a girl with a 'fragmented' dress) = INSTANT CONNECTION! I walked quickly towards it, and as I held the movie in my hand and looked at it carefully, I thought I was looking at a photo of myself. A young girl carrying a concerned and lost look; photos depicting different people and events in her life falling as broken pieces from her body, from her dress............and under the title of the movie, a tiny sub-line that read: "something's still missing...". OK, so I rented the movie.

Note: The movie was good, but didn't match up to what its title and cover did for me in 2 seconds.

Anyhow, I believe everyone that knows me is fully aware of how lost I've been for the past 6 years now. Nevertheless, lately, I feel the pieces of my life finally coming back together. Things are much better now; clearer. However, sometimes I still feel like: "something's still missing". I felt tempted to add the little sub-line to my blog's title, but I stopped myself.

I am working on being POSITIVE. Therefore, by faith, I won't add it and believe that things are not missing. Events, people and things will just keep coming my way to become part of me. I don't have to be waiting for them because they will NATURALLY and INEVITABLY happen. So, why WORRY so much about them?!

I can say, I'm a happier camper now. I am more chilled about things. Therefore, NOW, I can write again...after such a loooong period of silence.................................................................................

...and with just this 1st entry, I find myself enjoying it so much, already! I feel ALIVE, again.

NENY, welcome back! It had been a while ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dominicana- Welcome back-I am very proud of you. I understand that time can play mean games-but these games are ultimately what mold us. I read a quote earlier and I thought it was so funny- I found I could relate-and I'm quite sure you'll be able to relate too-it's sassy-with a negative twist-yet empowering all at the same time... "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes. Mistakes have consequences beyond teaching a lesson!." Oscar Wilde. It's these consequences that assist in developing character, charisma, faith, understanding, compassion... I'm sure you can add a few. I'm currently awaiting the Tracey Fragments on Netflix- and I myself hope to have a blog one day-I thought I would need to create a business plan-but after reading yours and its free spirit, I am inspired to just be me- and let it flow. I love you Dominicana- and wish you the absolute best of luck.
-Andrea de Nueva York (Dominicana)

Related Posts with Thumbnails